Choosing Between Traditional Braces and Invisible Mouthguards
When you are a teenager it seems almost natural to get braces, Well, it may have for your friends, however, it might not have been for you. If this sound about right then you are likely left with an adult smile that you aren’t entirely proud to show off.
Given how important it is to keep your teeth as long as possible, instead of removing teeth and installing veneers and crowns, consider two of the below alternatives to correcting an adult smile.
As far as dental technology has come, the methodology behind traditional braces has stayed much the same, however, the process has been refined and sped up a little.
The main positives:
- Braces are often an affordable option, coming in at a fraction of the cost of options like Invisalign.
- Modern braces work noticeably faster than invisible mouth guards due to the sheer force they are able to put on each tooth.
- Braces give Orthodontists precise control over the movement of each individual tooth, helping to create a perfect smile on your face.
The main negatives:
There is no getting around the fact that everybody will see and know that you have braces. Love them or hate them, they are there to be seen.
Often times they can be quite painful as they perform each movement.
Eating is no longer an enjoyable experience, requiring a lot of cleaning to be performed afterward.
If you don’t like the idea of traditional braces then invisible mouth guards are another option to consider.
Their primary benefits are:
- They are invisible. Plain and simple. Unless somebody gets right up close to your mouth to inspect your teeth there is no way for anybody to know that your smile is being corrected.
- Eating and drinking is an easy task requiring no real effort on your part
Their primary disadvantages are:
- They are expensive. There is no denying that. While it may be within your budget, they are still noticeably higher in cost than braces.
- The ability to maneuver teeth is limited and your orthodontist has little to no control over how your teeth move or how your smile progresses.
- As they are removable, may patients tend to take them out and forget to put them back in, further extending the overall treatment time.
What Are the Hard Truths About Both of These Options?
Unlike buying a lifeproof coupon from Groupon Coupons to protect your phone, improving your smile isn’t something which will happen immediately. Either of the above options will take at least 12 months to complete.
Both will involve a level of pain or discomfort as each of teeth are moved around. However, this should not dissuade you from undertaking either of the processes.
When deciding, it’s important to remember that either one will provide you with a great option far better than removing teeth and installing fake teeth or dentures. Just decide on an option which is both with your budget and works for your needs and lifestyle.